Thursday, February 28, 2013

JIMMY is now my ENEMY.

Day 7.

Jimmy makes his mark. We are no longer friends.

The weekend night comes to an end, and i'm laying on my bed watching T.V. after a nice party at my friends. Ah it felt good to be back after a good time. Slowly, my eyes lids were growing heavy and they  started to close. Drifting off to sleep....

Then i hear the sound of what seemed like water dripping into an empty sink.
"tink... tink... tink..." this hollow sound bounced around the whole apartment and echoed in my sleepy mind. I encouraged myself to get up off my bed and turn off the water. Stumbling into the kitchen, i turned on the light and zombie walked myself over to the sink. But there wasn't any water dripping.
"tink... tink... tink..." the sound came from behind me, down the hall by the washer and dryer. I rubbed my eyes and walked down the hall to see where in the hell this annoying sound was coming from.

At the end of the hall, on the ceiling, a glass bowl light fixture "tinked" at me. I turned the light off, then back on. Continuing to tink even faster, it mocked me! I stood closer to the light fixture and raised my hands towards the light. Coming closer to the light, it tinked faster, and faster, like it was telling me to stop. Then it all went quiet right before i touched the light fixture. I paused, wondering what was going on. The light sound of metal scraping made me look back up just in time. Jimmy knocked the light fixture loose and it dropped, almost hitting me in the head, and landed right where my foot was then smashed into hundreds of pieces. In the middle of this summer night, a cold chill came over me. Raising the little hairs on the back of my neck in a incredibly eerie feeling. I had to get the hell out of here. I didn't bother getting my phone, keys, or my wallet. I only ran to my friends house and slept on his couch.

I made an enemy that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment